Spinach Fritters | Palak Pakoda | Palak Pakoda Recipe| How to Make Palak Pakoda
Palak pakora/pakoda is an easy and perfect tea time snack.
Palak Pakoda Recipe step by step with photo
Main Ingredient: Spinach, oil and Gram flour
Recipe Type: Snacks
Level of cooking: Medium
- 1/2 cup Gram flour (Besan)
- 1 cup chopped Spinach
- Oil - to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder (optional)
- Pinch of asafetida (Hing)
- Sieve the Gram flour into a bowl and add all the dry ingredients salt chilli, black pepper, hing and turmeric and mix well.
- Make a thick batter of it by adding water. Make sure that lumps are not formed in the batter. Leave the batter for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk the Gram flour batter once again and put chopped spinach leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
Heat oil in a pan to fry and take a small portion of the batter either with hands or with a spoon and put it into the pan.
- Put 4-5 more portions and put it in the oil and deep-fry all 4 at a time in a batch on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Take out the fritters from the pan once they turn brown and keep them over the napkin on a plate.
- Serve Hot and crispy Spinach fritters-Palak Pakoda with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.