Mooli (Radish) Paratha/ How to make Mooli(Radish)( step by step directions)
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves 12 Parathas
Main Ingredients: Radish and wheat flour
Recipe Type: bread
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 2 cups Wheat Flour (for dough)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour(for dusting)
- 1 cup grated Radish(Mooli)
- 1teaspoon finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Oil for cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt(dahi)
Combine wheat flour, Radish, salt, oil, yogurt, cumin powder, turmeric, red chilli powder and green chilli in a bowl.
Add water as needed to make smooth, soft dough Knead the dough.lightly greased surface to make it smooth and pliable.
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a circle about five to six inches.
Heat a tava (griddle) over medium-high heat. Place the paratha over the tava (griddle).
As it cooks, the dough will change color and have a dryer look.Turn the paratha over using a spatula.You should see golden-brown spots on the semi-cooked
Spread few drops of oil onto the paratha using a spatula evenly around its surface and flip the paratha Using your spatula, lightly press the entire surface of the paratha.
It may puff up in some areas. Flip The paratha over again and repeat this process, cook until light golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve them hot with pickle and yogurt.
- If the dough starts sticking, dust it with more flour.
- Do not use any dry flour toward the end of the rolling, as it will make the Paratha dry.