Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
· 1.5-2.00 cup or 2 medium size grated beetroot
· 500 ml full fat whole milk
· ½ cup condense milk
· Sugar as per taste.
· ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
· Few chopped nuts of your choice.
· Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots.
· 1/4 cup Ghee
- In a heavy bottom pan heat a tablespoon of ghee, add grated beetroot and fry it till the raw smell goes. Then add 2 cups of , milk and 1/2 cup condense milk
- Mix and cook the grated beetroot and milk mixture on a low to medium flame.
- Stir at intervals when the mixture comes to a boil.
- The grated beetroots will cook in the milk and the milk will start to reduce.
- Stir and continue to cook till the beetroot becomes soft and all the ghee separates from the mixture(this takes approx 10 minuts),stirring constantly.
- Add cardamom powder, remaining ghee, sugar and dry fruits of your choices. Cook for couple of minutes.
- Serve beetroot halwa hot or warm. You can also refrigerate the halwa for 3 to 4 days.